Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Wrap-Up, Unwrapped

I always feel knackered after all the family Christmas celebrations - Christmas lunch at Jodi's parents, dinner at my parents and Boxing Day spent at Grandad's with the cousins. This was my first Christmas as a vegetarian, and it was, as I'd expected, not the most vegetarian-friendly day. But I survived.


My Christmas present from Jodi was a book called 'Treehouses of the World'. It is filled with wonderful pictures of treehouses, some of which would cause a structural engineer to flip out, along with tips for would-be treehouse designers... and treehouse dreamers. I love treehouses. Jodi prefers holes in the ground, something dwarf- (sorry, hobbit-) friendly. Perhaps a good equivalent book for Jodi would be 'Holes of the World'. I imagine our future abode might be a tree with a house up in the branches for me and a hole in the root system for Jodi. Jodi's cave would be filled with shelves of books and have a round green door with a brass knocker. My treehouse would be a pirate ship, caught in the tree in the distant past, before the oceans receded. We would have picnics together on the grass, eating bread and drinking eggnog, saying Merry Christmas to those who pass by.

2 comments:

amber dawn. pullin said...

This post captured my imagination, with talk of trees & treehouses & hobbit holes...

Anonymous said...

Just make sure you put a chimney system in so as Santa can still deliver his presents. Merry (belated)Christmas O, and have a happy New Year.