Monday, November 20, 2006

My Recent Adventures on Flatulon-Nine

I've recently returned from a wondrous journey though the blogosphere. I have just updated to the new blogger in beta. As some of you may have noticed, things have changed around a little bit here. I've tried to keep things similar to the way they were before. Most of the big changes have occurred where you can't see them, with the provision of tools, making the whole blogging thing a bit easier (although, totally screwing up all my little HTML hacks). So, this is probably a good time for all you lazy MySpacers to do the transition into the more serious (i.e. more snobbish) blog world. I'd be happy to help anybody get started on blog spot (which is free), to get over the slight HTML hurdle (although, I'm no expert). Maybe a pot of tea and a chat at my place to get you on your merry way.

I thought I might tell you a story about one of my many adventures during my journey though the blogosphere, about this place I visited, called Flatulon-Nine. I told Jodi about it this morning, and she said that it was surely a dream. This might make sense considering that Jodi has been very gassy of late. Although, she insists that it's actually Gypsy who is the gassy one, but she's been really good since we got her off the canned food (no such luck with Jodi). Anyway, it's a special type of gas which helps me to sleep and induces interesting dreams...

The occupants of Flatulon-Nine are the Flatulonians. The Flatulonians are very similar the people of Earth, except their heads are located where their bottoms should be, and their bottoms are located where their heads should be. They also walk around on their hands, so nobody bothers washing their hands after they've been to the toilet. The Flatulonians communicate by farting at each other. It is considered rude if you fart whilst you are facing someone, because that would mean you're talking in the opposite direction. Sometimes the Flatulonians get confused about who is talking to who, because they often can't see who they are talking to. Sometimes, conversations simply tail off, if they get distracted by marauding air fresheners, and forget about the Flatulonian they are talking to behind them. This is mostly OK, because the Flatulonians are a very understanding people. In fact, one of their favourite things to do is to say "I love you" to each other. Flatulonians say "I love you" by farting (the louder the better) directly in the recipient's face (small cute pop farts translate as a small cute "I wuv you"). This requires a certain amount of co-ordination if they want to surprise each other during marriage proposals (in fact, many Flatulonians accidentally propose to the wrong person, but are happy regardless). When Mummy and Daddy Flatulonians love each other very much, they sometimes make fart love, which looks a bit like 69 rimming, and this is how baby Flatulonians are created.

Whilst I was staying at Flatulon-Nine I made a friend called Windy Pop. Windy Pop was considered very attractive to the Flatulonian girls (who thought his fart smells were very rock n' roll). In spite of this, he was very lonely. The problem was that he thought about things too much. He'd met a girl that he liked very much, but every time he tried to say that he loved the girl, he'd hesitate, worrying that he might be too hasty, or not able to perform, or that a bit of pooh might accidentally come out. As it was, by the time he'd farted out his declaration of love and turned around to see if it would be reciprocated, the girl Flatulonian had already left.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story makes me think of us humans, how we judge just how close the friendship is. There are those that you would never, ever dream of farting in front of & then there are those dear & sometimes a little too near that you can fart freely in front of. Especially in their face is a true declaration of your fondness for them! Oh how stinkingly sweet. Well not always, depending on what it is that you've recently digested!

Owen said...

Thank you Anonymous for your comment. Jodi likes to tell people that it took me only two weeks before I was farting freely in the same room as her. This is surely a milestone event in any relationship.

Cass said...

I think another milestone may be peeing while you're on the phone with another person and not getting in trouble for it...people are so uptight about that.

Owen said...

Sometimes I write my blog entries whilst on the toilet...

Anonymous said...

When, if i may ask, is the time ripe for the introduction of dutch ovens and cupcakes into relationships? This to me seems like the logical step preceeding farting directly in someone's face, you've got a middle man so to speak.

Just a thought.

Owen said...

I think the time is always ripe (so to speak) for dutch ovens and cupcakes.

Cass said...

What is a cupcake?

Owen said...

Cass, I'm sure Adam would be happy to demonstrate for you. A cupcake is when you cup a fart in your hand in order to safely transport it to the vicinity of someone's face.

It is also a small cake...

Anonymous said...

Other toilet milestones....

My beloved hates it when I enter the toilet while she is peeing. Sometimes I just want to chat, other times I want to let the dog out through the back door. She always screams and sends me packing.

I don't quite understand why because I, on the other hand, am quite happy to not bother interrupting a good chat just because my bladder has its own demands. One can quite easily chat and pee simultaneously as they involve different parts of the body and brain.

However, I do not like to have visitors to the WC while crapping. It seems so undignified. I particuarly live in fear of her (or anyone for that matter) walking in at the precise moment when I am wiping my ass. I feel so vulnerable at that moment.

As for farting, well that's a second language of love. I'm particularly fond of her little female phhhtttss on me as we sleep in bed. I always answer them with a bold masculine bbbaaaarrrrrrrtttt.

Owen said...

I think number 2s are problematic due to the inevitable visuals they conjure. I personally don't have a problem with any of that stuff. Although, to be honest, my initial reaction is to hide all evidence that I do evacuate, it takes a little work to break down the inhibitions. I think it is one of my favourite things to the hear the plop plop noises of my beloved on the toilet. Unfortunately, this doesn't extent to those that I'm not intimate with.